If this week is a preview as to what December will look like, I’m going to be one busy chick. Between work, dinners, drinks, working out, keeping
the apartment clean, blogging, trying to maintain a somewhat healthy diet … oh, and keeping my head above water.. it’s really, really easy to
become exhausted and irritated. Here’s a few different ways I’m going to try to include that bit of calm and down time I always crave:
1. I am going to workout when I can and I’m not going to workout when I can’t. Ideally I’d love to workout 5-6 days each week. But I’m going to
have to deal with the fact that some weeks I will only be at the gym 3-4 times because of having so many obligations. It happens — and as long as
I’m working out my best when I’m able to, I think I can be okay with this.
2. Eat as well as possible during the work days and work week in general. It is so easy to get side lined when there are holiday parties, happy hour’s
and dinner’s. I have to admit I tend to have more drinks throughout the month of December and while I enjoy having some drinks, I don’t like consuming
cocktails all the time — it leaves me feeling bloated and less than stellar. So my goal is to stick to non-sugary drinks, such as red wine, AND enjoy it
to the fullest! After all, you deserve to enjoy yourself.
3. Cut back spending where I can and buy gifts over the next few weeks instead of all in one day. If I go on a spending spree for Christmas gifts within
a day or two, I’ll freak out because of all that money I spent. But if I budget and take my time buying a few gifts here and there, I’m certain to feel better.
This is a picture of me — freaking out:
4. Watch some TV and read when the opportunities arise. I know most people bash watching television, but for me I legitimately completely disconnect
from everything and concentrate on the show. I’m currently loving The X-Factor and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but I’m not opposed to anything on
the Food Network or a cheesy Lifetime movie. Sign me up.
5. Pray throughout the day and be thankful for what I already have an excited for what is yet to come.
Have a great evening!
Question of the Night: What helps you to get through the crazy Holiday season?